- Visit the NodeJS site
- Download the package suitable for your OS.
- Double click the package to begin installation.
- Follow the wizard to complete the installation process. You’ll be prompted for agreeing with legal T&C’s and system password.
- A summary of installation will be displayed in the last step. As seen in the above image Node.js and npm were installed successfully at the mentioned path. The path might be different depending on your settings or OS. Node.js package comes along with its own package manager: Node Package Manager or npm. Visit NPMJS site to know more about npm.
- To test the installation open your terminal or command prompt and run following command:
- node –version or node -v
- npm installation can be tested in similar way:
- npm –version or npm -v
Hope this helps you with your Node installation.